Friday, September 27, 2013

Kohl's is worthy, for I AM SHAINA

Since just claiming it isn't enough, I plan to persuade my audience that Kohl’s is worthy of my studies by using ethos, logos, and pathos in my speech.

Ethos will be exemplified in my speech by proving I have observed first-hand how Kohl’s is managed. The audience will see the research I have put into my cultural area, proving I have educated myself on Kohl’s Company and their target audience.

Logos will be used by my comparison shopping of Kohl’s and JCPenny’s; my observations of the store’s clutter; and the fact’s I've gathered from well-known sources. This will be backed up with my screen shots of comparison shopping. Also, I have documented proof to expose of the disarray within the store.


Pathos will be used in my delivery. I've been told that I am very engaging in my presentation. I will be animated in my speech hoping to persuade others to be enthusiastic. Pathos appeal will be added by bringing in the quote by William Thackeberry (“Mother is the name of God in the eyes and hearts of the little children.”).

These appeals will work because I am able to provide hard evidence in two of the three categories (ethos-prove my expertise, logos-pictures)- my audience is part of the generation that bases decisions on facts. My pathos will keep people most of my audience awake to hear the facts.

<3 ShainaRene'

No comments:

Post a Comment