Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Kohl's is no Fool!

 This source gives a broader look at the retail industry. Kohl’s (based on the graphs provided in the source) has been stable since 2009. Their ability to prepare for future trends could be the reason they are generally stable. They see that JC Penny’s is in a hole that only “promotions” could get them out of, so Kohl’s appears to be taking precautions by constantly advertising their sales to their “value-conscious consumers” (Fool, 2013). This could be useful in my speech because I focus on how they promote sales to attract the ‘Superwoman’ shopper.

This article also brings to my attention that retail business profits are predicted to decrease due to the increased money-flow into technology (Fool, 2013). I may not have been looking years ago, but I would have sworn they had more items at a ‘normal’ price. When I visited, I noticed close to everything was a sale. This may be because they are trying to lure in more customers. This may also be due to an overflow of products left over from the summer season (Fool, 2013).




The Motley Fool, “Kohl’s Corporation (KSS), Macy’s, Inc. (M): J.C. Penney Company, Inc. (JCP) Is Turning Itself Around, but Stiff Headwinds Exist”. Insider Monkey. 2013 Sept 16. Web. 2013 Sept 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment