Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Quotes-Religion, fast-food, and social media.

“Economic citizens act politically by making critical choices as consumers and producers, by buying or refusing to buy…” -Mathieu 

This reminds me of the debate over Chick-Fila...BUT I shall not give a rant or anything of that sort on here, however, I will say I see both sides. I don't see Chick-Fila as being an 'anti-gay' establishment but an establishment that was created by a Christian. They support Christian organizations who are for biblical-marriage (I love this part of English- the ability to give things negative or positive connotation. Not the point.) I didn't start eating there until the big ordeal went down, but I didn't stop eating McDonald's because they are for it. I just had no interest in chicken because I had it EVERY OTHER DAY IN MY LIFE due to the awesome public school system. I decided to try Chick-Fila during the time of the ordeal because he stood up for his beliefs in the face of a possible financial loss. He didn't conform to society due to peer pressure.
Also, I found out that with every kid's meal you get an ice dream cone.
So worth it. 

 
"We are living in an isolation that would have been unimaginable to our ancestors, and yet we have never been more accessible" -Marche

This makes me think about a car commercial where the daughter is on Facebook enjoying her internet-based social life, but she worries about her mother's emotional well-being because she has only "50 friends"! The mother, however, is off having a GRAND OLE time in her new vehicle in the wonderful outdoors. While it was only a commercial, the body language and facial expressions of the two ladies were vastly different. The mother had life and excitement in her eyes while the daughter had none! The daughter's body was curled up, lonely.


 <3 ShainaRene'

No comments:

Post a Comment